Nassau Taxi Questions

We're on the 9/4 sailing of Adventure from Nassau.  We're arriving two days early staying at the Baha Mar.

Looking at the prices at Baha Mar, we're planning to have the taxi take us by a grocery store to get a few items including some bottled water on our way from the airport to the resort.  Generally, will taxi drivers be okay with a diversion and short wait?  Any ballpark on cost from the Airport to Baha Mar with a quick diversion?

Also, we have what I would call at early flight back (leaves at 11:05). I've heard contradicting information on taxi availability at the port. If anyone has sailed out of Nassau recently... are taxis easy to find when you disembarked?

Thanks in advance!

I don't see it as an issue.  You will, of course, have to negotiate a price. 

When you get to the taxi line, you will have a choice of taxi, or town car.  We were highly encouraged by the taxi official to take a town car - and given false information about the rates for normal taxis (they are cheaper)

There were plenty of taxis available at the port.

We also stayed at Baha Mar, it was very nice but VERY expensive for restaurants.