Charm and Beauty of Nassau

blawmtih

I just wanted to give a review of what my wife and I did on our 4 night cruise.  The Charm and Beauty of Nassau was one of the cheaper tours and it gave you an overall feeling of the island.  This tour started off as bad as it possibly could.  First, we met the only rude RC crew member on our cruise (in hindsight she wasn't that bad but rude none the less).  She acted like everyone should know what to do already and she was annoyed that people were asking questions about where to go.  When we finally got to where we waited for the tour there were two buses (the small Nissan tour buses), they overbooked the tour.  Our bus was packed to the point of using the jumper seats down the middle of the isle.  Not good.  So our tour guide started the tour, his name was Roy and Roy saved this experience for everyone.  He was funny, knowledgeable, and had a great delivery.  We went through the island, some places were short on charm and beauty, but I am a firm believer that you should experience as much as possible to understand the people.  We saw many of the government building, received a Bahamian civic lesson, and stopped at three stops. First was Fort Charlotte, nice, we opted out of the tour since we only had 20 minutes.  The little market at the fort was lower pressure than the straw market.  Then we stopped at the little beach area down from Fish Fry Rd.  This area offered a nice picture opportunity of the port.  Then we stopped at John Watling's Distillery.  I highly recommend this short tour, you will discover the best pina colada you have ever had.  After that we headed back to the port.  If you have never been to Nassau I recommend this excursion, it was cheap and gave a good overview.  Roy really saved the tour and he got a nice tip from us.

I did the Charm and Beauty of Nassau on my cruise last week. I enjoyed it but I agree some areas left me with the feeling that I wouldn't want to be there alone at any time. Nassau is one of my favorite ports. I love the markets at the port and most passengers hate them. I just love the music and the vibe from the locals. I didn't take any pictures, I forgot. I did take a picture of the six cruise ships in the port. The most they allow in Nassau is six, Majesty was there along with two Carnival, one Holland, and 2 NCL. The port was pure craziness.

Candie