Dining on 15 Nt transatlantic

nydvc

Hello everyone. 

Just booked our third RCCL cruise.  15nt transatlantic from England on the Independence. I know this is a long way off but were talking dining on the ship. Never to early to plan that.....:-)

We certainly would want to do the specialty restaurants  and wondered if they do anything different for longer cruises. All I have been able to uncover on line is the 3-5 plans. Do they provide additional options for longer cruises or can you book a 5 and 3 night plan to get 8 specialty dining nights?   

Thanks for your help. 

Rich

You can book as many nights as you want. I booked a 14 day cruise and there was a package for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 day dining. When I figured it out with a calculator it was cheaper to buy the larger packages, not separate packages. A three meal specialty is around $88 plus tax, which is right at $30 a meal. A four day brought it down to about $27 and it just kept dropping from there. I bought a 7 day and I think it was about $150 which was around $21 a meal. Since your cruise is so far off they probably won't have specialty dining online for quite a while. I had to wait until 90 days before the cruise to book them.

You can book as many nights as you want. I booked a 14 day cruise and there was a package for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 day dining. When I figured it out with a calculator it was cheaper to buy the larger packages, not separate packages. A three meal specialty is around $88 plus tax, which is right at $30 a meal. A four day brought it down to about $27 and it just kept dropping from there. I bought a 7 day and I think it was about $150 which was around $21 a meal. Since your cruise is so far off they probably won't have specialty dining online for quite a while. I had to wait until 90 days before the cruise to book them.

I have not seen any package longer than 5 nights, but as Candie said, you could buy multiple dining packages.

Thanks Matt and Candie. Appreciate the info. Looks like I can get some inexpensive meals with a volume discount.