Seattle questions

atmuma

We are sailing out of Seattle in a few weeks and I was wondering...

We're flying in the day before and our hotel is about 4 blocks from the Space Needle. We plan on eating dinner at the restaurant there and then going to the observation deck after. Since it's so close I was thinking about walking there and back. Do I need to be concerned about this safety wise, is walking in this area in Seattle safe?

Second, after out cruise we don't have a ton of wiggle room to get to the airport. Not a mad dash by any means, but not a ton of time to lolly gag around. What is the taxi situation at Pier 91? Or what are your best suggestions to get us to the airport in a fairly quickly way? We have no problem doing express walk off once the ship is cleared. Do I set something up a head of time (suggestions of through who) or is it easy enough to pick up a ride when we disembark?

Thanks so much!!

I would take a ship transfer from the port to the airport. They make sure you get off of the ship on time and to the airport by a chartered bus. They only thing I don't like is you have to wait until they fill the bus up. The other thing is you could do early disembarkation where you take your luggage off the ship yourself so you don't have  to look for it at the port. You are the first passengers off of the ship if you do that. It is usually around 7 to 7:30 a.m. disembarkation.

I have been to Seattle three times and wasn't impressed with the Space Needle or the area it is in. I really don't know what to tell you because I thought it was a big waste of time.

I've taken two cruises from Seatle and have enjoyed the city immensely. I personally liked going to the Space Needle. Pike Market was great, as was the Duck Tour and the underground tour.

When coming from the airport, your best bet may be to hirer a town car as they are fixed rate unlike the taxis. There are courtesy phones in baggage claim where you can request one and you simply give them the door number your at. They cue up at the airport, so they're never more than five minutes away.

A taxi is probably most convenient to get back to the airport and there will be plenty.