FCC now for New Cruises Only, or Previous Bookings?

nate91

I just had a sailing on Majesty cancelled (May 23rd). Can I put the FCC towards my sailing on Grandeur (August 6th), which has final payment due in a couple weeks? Or does it have to be applied to a new booking, which would be tough because I have way too many booked at the moment? If I can apply it towards previous booking, do I have to wait for the FCC to process (they said mid-May), or can I call and get the money applied immediately? Would I still get the 25% bonus? Thank you all!

43 minutes ago, nate91 said:

I just had a sailing on Majesty cancelled (May 23rd). Can I put the FCC towards my sailing on Grandeur (August 6th), which has final payment due in a couple weeks? Or does it have to be applied to a new booking, which would be tough because I have way too many booked at the moment? If I can apply it towards previous booking, do I have to wait for the FCC to process (they said mid-May), or can I call and get the money applied immediately? Would I still get the 25% bonus? Thank you all!

As I understand it, you can absolutely apply your FCC to already booked cruises BUT getting your FCC in time to make your final payment due date seems unlikely if current trends continue.  Based on others' reports, there doesn't seem to be any way to expedite the process.  More to the point, RCI's time estimates for processing seem to be optimistic at best, so mid-May should be viewed as a best case scenario.

1 hour ago, nate91 said:

I cancelled a cruise on March 13th.   I called on March 29th to asked about the refund of taxes/fees and prepaid gratuities that were promised in 7-10 days.  They told me refunds were taking 30 days.  I mentioned that I wanted to rebook the same cruise that I cancelled for next year in 2021 with the FCC.  They informed me the FCC was "processed" March 17th and I should have gotten an email.  They told me the certificate numbers that were "in the system".  I was allowed me to apply the FCC on a previous booking I had for November because I was reluctant to book another cruise before I received any refunds.    I was told that some of the deposit and additional payments for the November cruise would be refunded when the FCC was applied.  I still haven't received any refunds for either the cancelled March cruise or the previously booked cruise for November.