First RC cruise

Hello all,

I am so glad I found this message board. Cruise critic is great buy I have a hard time navigating their site. 

I am our group leader with RCCL and this is my first time cruising as a group. I am extremely organized and OCD when it comes to planning things. 

I have a couple questions...
1. Is there a group boarding? Or does each cabin get a boarding time based on the online check in?

2. Disney offered a Mixology class, where participants made drinks and served them. There was a cost of course, but does RCCL offer anything like this?

3. Since I am new to being a group leader and I don't know anything about RCCL, what are the benefits of being a group. 
We get an on board credit of like $50 per cabin and something about one cruise fair (which i chose to divide up between the cabins). But what about show seating? excursions? 

Thank you for any help. 

2. Disney offered a Mixology class, where participants made drinks and served them. There was a cost of course, but does RCCL offer anything like this?

This, by far, was one of my favorite onboard, extra costs activities when I was onboard the Disney Fantasy.  Unfortunately, I have not seen such a class offered on any other line, including Royal.

1. Is there a group boarding? Or does each cabin get a boarding time based on the online check in?

You basically board the ship based somewhat on the order you check-in, as well as your Crown and Anchor status and/or if you are staying in a suite or not.

All that being said, the earlier you check-in, the earlier you will board.

Yes, I have seen it offered at the R-Bar and Vintages. Obviously what is offered depends on your ship and sailing, but I saw it offered on Navigator of the Seas earlier this month.

3. Since I am new to being a group leader and I don't know anything about RCCL, what are the benefits of being a group. 

We get an on board credit of like $50 per cabin and something about one cruise fair (which i chose to divide up between the cabins). But what about show seating? excursions? 

Being in a group gets you more "power" with RC, meaning you can get rewards for having more cabins booked. This can be used in the form of onboard credit, money back to the group leader, special events, etc.

When dealing with groups in general, I always advocate using a travel agent to assist you in all the nuances of managing a group.