Roatan and Belize excursions

abikat

I can say that I would not do this...and I am pretty adventurous.

Belize City is, well....a city.  In fact, the CAPITAL city of Belize.  It is somewhat congested and I don't know that driving around the city would be all that enjoyable.  The interesting parts of Belize are the jungle-ish areas and I don't think I would want to be out on those remote roads alone.

I would definitely NOT recommend driving in Roatan.  If you stuck to the roads that go to the resort side of the island, you would probably be ok....but on the other side of the island the roads are truly treacherous.  I went on an excursion ONE time to the non-resort area and I swore NEVER again.  You literally could not drive more than 5 feet without hitting a serious pothole.  The roads were washed out in many areas and the neighborhoods looked very sketchy to me.  I asked to be taken back to the ship because we nearly got stuck in the mud twice.  I was terrified.  As a matter of fact, I have vowed NEVER to get off the ship again in Roatan. 

Belize City is, well....a city.  In fact, the CAPITAL city of Belize.  It is somewhat congested and I don't know that driving around the city would be all that enjoyable.  The interesting parts of Belize are the jungle-ish areas and I don't think I would want to be out on those remote roads alone.

Actually the capitol is Belmopan.  I'm a geography geek. :)

I just returned from a cruise with a stop in Belize.  No way I would rent a vehicle in Belize City.  The streets are fairly narrow and I can see getting lost quite easily.

We also stopped in Roatan and visited Little French Key which is about half way to the other end of the island.  We did not experience the potholes noted above, but the driver did say the road was the main 'highway' from one end of the island to the other.  In fact on the return trip he took us down a newly-built one-way road that was built for people returning to the cruise ships in order to lessen traffic in the downtown area.

• 2 months later...

NO MORE Three Paragraph Exposes` This stupid way of responding has just about drained any enthusiasm for responding ! I Fully feel that responding to a well -- descriptive

Questionaire with short answer  towards the end of the review. Other Cruise line use this Preferred Method of response for passengers of these FINE Cruise Lines .

" VISION of the SEAS "   APRIL 2016.  Stateroom 2534 --

Roatan and Belizian Excursions :  Roatan :

A great sense of the High form of Educational Standards on the Island. There has been Great inroads made by both

Protestant and Roman Catholic Faith Groups.   Roatan had an incredible ' school  at develops the people for the fully creative Art of Conch Shell Scrimshaw. There are many

forms of Conch Shell Scrimshaw. This ranges from Cameos (my Wifes' favourite ) to the Large Vase -- like Reliefs of religious themes ..up to and including the $ 4oo.oo US

prices !  The craft It has been both learned and imported from a town on the Appenine Peninsula known as Napoli.  There  is a resident émigré` from the Town (a Napoli)  a

resident of the village and area who has practiced the Highly - creative craft for over 25 years . He has been the Primary merchant and basic creative force of this art form.