Spa Services

Mikeb1892

My wife would like to book a massage for our upcoming cruise.  We will have (3) full sea days, and (3) port days.  Of the (3) port days, one day we will not be leaving the ship at all, and one day we will be back on the ship early afternoon.

Is it more cost effective to book the massage now or wait until we're on board?  I know that typically the services are cheaper on port days, which is fine for her aside from the one full day that we'll be off the ship.  She's flexible for the time of day and what day of the voyage it takes place.  

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Before the cruise, they tend to discount one specific service, whereas on the ship, they offer discounts on combo packages.

Could you please elaborate on this?  She already has a Mani-Pedi booked.  Would they possibly offer a discount if she piggybacked on that with a massage?

Hard to know.  Basically, if she wants one service (main-pedi), then book it now.

What they tend to offer onboard is something like a facial, swedish massage and something else for a good price.

I also like pre-booking to lock in a day and time.  If your wife is like mine, timing the service to formal night or other significant evening is important.

Just now, Matt said:

Hard to know.  Basically, if she wants one service (main-pedi), then book it now.

What they tend to offer onboard is something like a facial, swedish massage and something else for a good price.

I also like pre-booking to lock in a day and time.  If your wife is like mine, timing the service to formal night or other significant evening is important.

Actually I think my wife would be quite flexible with when the service would be offered, so we can use that to our advantage.  When you say "good price", my wife and I often tend to have different definitions of what that means.  Are we talking like 50% off?  

1 hour ago, Mikeb1892 said:

When you say "good price", my wife and I often tend to have different definitions of what that means.  Are we talking like 50% off?  

donald duck lol GIF

50%? Temper those expectations!

There's some sort of discount applied but it depends on the service and offering. I'd say in the ballpark of 10% - 30% perhaps.