A few qt. as we head out on Oasis

scouv

Hi all,

We will be heading out on the Oasis Saturday  :D

I am curious about a couple of things and wondered if any of you might offer some answers:

1- What deck and where do we embark?  (want to head to GTable for lunch -- looking at deck plans I am not sure.... of course I can ask when we board.....)

2- Laundry packages?  Anyone know if we can send out a load mid week?

3- Small Wonders -- I've read about these and copied a list off another blog - some say we can get a list from the front desk - curious if they are still there -- and what is the history behind these?  Kinda reminds me of 'hidden Mickeys' at WDW

4 -Someone Periscoped a week or so ago from a deck that had computers for folks to print out their flight boarding passes for no charge.... said there was no sign on the door but Guest Services sent them there -- do you know where this is? deck 7 or maybe 4 is in my head???

5- Do most folks go to the airport straight from ship? Our flight leaves at 3:30 -- makes for a long day at the airport! The only excursions I found were to Miami or to the Everglades.... neither are options for us.

Thanks!

Sandy

(Scoping @TravelGici)

Hi there, 

We are heading on Oasis this coming Saturday as well, small world!

I can answer some of your questions, but not all.

1.  Embarkation is on Deck 5 onto the Royal Promenade.  Go up to deck 8 FWD for Central Park and Giovani's.  You can also the AFT elevators, but you will be at the Chops end of Central Park.  It is an easy walk through the park if you use the AFT elevators.

2.  Yes, there are laundry packages available for a fee.  Details will be in your stateroom.

3.  Small Wonders are great, I make it a mission to find as many as I can.  I have never seen a list, can you share yours?

4. I think I have seen the computers for boarding passes on Deck 5, but don't quote me.  We usually get an internet package so we don't worry and print our passes at the internet cafe on board.

5.  We usually go directly from the ship to the airport.  It makes for a long day there, but we prefer the piece of mind and the people watching is usually good.

Happy cruising!

Hi all,

We will be heading out on the Oasis Saturday  :D

I am curious about a couple of things and wondered if any of you might offer some answers:

1- What deck and where do we embark?  (want to head to GTable for lunch -- looking at deck plans I am not sure.... of course I can ask when we board.....)

2- Laundry packages?  Anyone know if we can send out a load mid week?

3- Small Wonders -- I've read about these and copied a list off another blog - some say we can get a list from the front desk - curious if they are still there -- and what is the history behind these?  Kinda reminds me of 'hidden Mickeys' at WDW

4 -Someone Periscoped a week or so ago from a deck that had computers for folks to print out their flight boarding passes for no charge.... said there was no sign on the door but Guest Services sent them there -- do you know where this is? deck 7 or maybe 4 is in my head???

5- Do most folks go to the airport straight from ship? Our flight leaves at 3:30 -- makes for a long day at the airport! The only excursions I found were to Miami or to the Everglades.... neither are options for us.

1. Deck 5

2.  Yes, you can have laundry done at any time. Look for discounts on a bag of laundry to be washed and folded for Crown and Anchor members.

3. Here is some more info (#1 at the bottom): http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/07/13/top-10-royal-caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-hidden-secrets

5. Most folks do go home, but there are still a good amount of people that elect to do some shore excursion post-cruise.  

Hi there, 

We are heading on Oasis this coming Saturday as well, small world!

I can answer some of your questions, but not all.

1.  Embarkation is on Deck 5 onto the Royal Promenade.  Go up to deck 8 FWD for Central Park and Giovani's.  You can also the AFT elevators, but you will be at the Chops end of Central Park.  It is an easy walk through the park if you use the AFT elevators.

2.  Yes, there are laundry packages available for a fee.  Details will be in your stateroom.

3.  Small Wonders are great, I make it a mission to find as many as I can.  I have never seen a list, can you share yours?

4. I think I have seen the computers for boarding passes on Deck 5, but don't quote me.  We usually get an internet package so we don't worry and print our passes at the internet cafe on board.

5.  We usually go directly from the ship to the airport.  It makes for a long day there, but we prefer the piece of mind and the people watching is usually good.

Happy cruising!

Thank you so much for the answers to my questions! I am sure we will see you on board!  LOL  Remember you can ask at Desk Services for more info on the Small Wonders.

I don't have the list written on my computer - but here is a comment in the artlcle link  posted by Matt in the above response:

Michael Botos â€¢ 7 months ago

If you want more details about the Small Wonders art display, you can check this page, http://www.botos.com/small_won... . I tried to find them all and photographed those that I did find!

Our typical plan is to book a flight late in the day and we rent a car one-way from the port (with a free shuttle from the port to the nearby car rental location) to the airport. Then, we can spend the day leisurely exploring the area, having lunch, and doing whatever we want in a slow, relaxing way, rather than rushing off the ship and getting right onto the cramped airplane.

Doing this has made disembarkation so much better for us.