Adventure of the Seas cabin 8500

MeganK

Hey all! These message boards have been so helpful over the last year of planning two cruises. We're taking our kids on their first cruise soon! Adventure of the Seas November 3rd! We are booked in an ultra spacious cabin 8500, and from the very limited videos I've been able to find, I think it's an awesome fit. We have 10 year old twins and a 7 year old, and hey have already decided to rotate between the bunk beds and sofa bed to really get a feel for everything lol. Curious if anyone has stayed in this cabin! It looks like a different shape from most of the ultraspacious cabin layouts. Curious if anyone has any pro/cons to expect. I believe We are only 3 decks directly below the gym and spa, so we may take advantage of the showers up there when it's crunch time and we all need a bathroom. Thanks in advance for any thoughts! ?

We stayed in a cabin just like this on Independence. You are correct in that the configurations of the two on deck 8 are different than the rest. Way better IMO.  There is a lot of space in this cabin and great separation from the kids, however, I would never book this cabin again. The motion was considerably much more than any other cruise that we have been on and there is a lot of noise when the ship docks.

More details here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10227-“into-the-unknown”-…-independence-ots-holiday-sailing-–-12292018-132019/