Zip line / tubing excursion in Belize

cdixon22

While I don't know if Royal will advise passengers or not, it's important to keep in mind that the virus is only of particular concern to special populations. From what I've read, those in good health and not pregnant or not likely to become pregnant or at less risk. In addition, using bug repellent is a good defense.

We just did this itinerary on the Liberty and went into the rain forests of Belize on a river tubing excursion and did not experience any mosquitos and I'm a magnet for them and forgot to bring repellant.

Hi DocLC -

We are doing the zip line / tubing excursion in Belize next week and wanted to pick your brain...did it rain and was the water cold?  Also is there a place to change into swim suit and store personal items before tubing? Also any advice for getting on the first tender off the boat?

Hi DocLC -

We are doing the zip line / tubing excursion in Belize next week and wanted to pick your brain...did it rain and was the water cold?  Also is there a place to change into swim suit and store personal items before tubing? Also any advice for getting on the first tender off the boat?

Yes, there is a place to change, although I believe there was a charge for the lockers.  When you reach the site, you'll actually switch from your large bus to a shuttle bus and that is where the changing facilities are.  The water was cold, but not unbearably so.  The zip lining looked amazing, by the way.

If you've booked this through the cruise, they'll take care of the tendering process for you.  If not, then you'll want to be in line the night before to pick up a tender ticket.  The next morning, be one of the first in line for the tender.  I'd recommend arriving about 20 minutes early ready to leave the ship.