Indy UDP Help

NateL

Booked a 4 night Indy cruise and have the UDP with the DBP.  I'm seeing a lot of uncertainty as to when and where and what is included on cruise boards. Does anyone have any first had experiences to share recently?  

My plan:

Embarkation Day 1:

Lunch at Chops (I've read not included as it is for Key guests only, or if you have a suite and can reserve ahead of time with the suite concierge). I am a diamond member and plan to use the diamond concierge (DC) to book all future bookings after the first assigned time and place. Backup plan, lunch at Johnny Rockets or Playmakers. All else fail plan: Windjammer

Dinner: Will be assigned on boarding day. Can this be changed once on board through DC to our preference? 

Late snack: Playmakers - is this available even if we had lunch/snacks earlier in the day?

Day 2 Sea Day:

Lunch: Chops 

Dinner: Izumi Hibachi. Is Izumi Hibachi included or not?

Late snack: Playmakers 

Day 3 Port Day:

Dinner: Giovanis or Chops depending on which one we didn't do on Day 1

Late Snack: Playmakers

Day 4 Sea Day:

Lunch: Izumi sushi

Dinner: Repeat of our past favorite, Chops/Giovanis/Izumi Hibachi (if included)

Late snack: Playmakers

Seems about right as long as your back-ups are open and available for you on embarkation day if they won't let you in Chops because of the Key.  

When you get on board you should be able to set all of your dining reservations for the week with the Diamond Concierge or a Specialty Dining kiosk for the week.  This includes lunches and the first night if you aren't assigned which restaurant you prefer.

Playmakers is supposed to be available whenever you want it with a $35 per person limit.  There has been feedback that it isn't consistent across the entire fleet, though..surprise, surprise.  Just make sure you let them know before you order that you have the UDP.

Hibachi is also inconsistent..some ships allow it and some don't seem to want to honor it.  Just be flexible and ask and see what they say when you are on board.  I wouldn't stress too much about all of it..you definitely won't go hungry and all of the options are great.

Indy embarkation day in April-19 had Playmakers open for snacks starting at 11am and lunch at Johnny Rockets open at noon. I will try those two options before heading to the windjammer.  Thank you Ashley and Jicko for your input.