Room changes?

AJK

Before I found this group and the wealth of information (and also You Tube vloggers) we reserved our first cruise on Independence of the Seas and our travel agent booked us into a room that was at the very back of the ship. After experiencing rooms at the other end of the world at WDW, I did a fake booking to see what else was available and called her back to change. To 9502. ? Now I know how stupid that decision was! I watched some videos of promenade rooms and found some available close to the stairs and elevators. My husband loves to get up before me and go get coffee (we have the deluxe beverage plan) and being able to saunter down one flight of stairs to Café Promenade would start his day off. Do you think they would let us change again? Hoping to get information before calling my TA.

This would be dropping down from Spacious Ocean View (although it looks to me like it should be called spacious helipad view). Since the booking included the price of that room (before taxes and fees) as a free gift from Marriott, I wouldn't think we would get credit for the difference in price but that is fine with us.

Thanks for the info, twangster!