Reservations

38 minutes ago, levy1980 said:

First RC cruise in October, when are you able to make reservations for the shows? And do you need to make reservations or can you just turn up?

Unless there has been a recent change, you only need to make reservations for shows on Quantum and Oasis class ships.

We were just on Allure last month (5/19/19 sailing) and were able to start booking the entertainment/shows 96 days prior to our sail date. It's not a set time that they will open it up, but I hear it's usually 60-90 days out. If you are sailing on a Quantum/Oasis class ship, I would just sign into your Cruise Planner regularly from this point on since you are about 4 months out.

Have a great time!

If you are on the several ships that require reservations, there is also a line of people who wait for cancellations.  About 10 minutes before show time, the unused seats are released.  It's usually best to have reservations on the more popular shows, but even then you may want to arrive 30 minutes early to get a desired seat.  There are typically a couple of extra shows at the end of the cruise that don't require reservations, such as a short ice show, aqua show, or comedy show.  Most ships actually have nightly shows - late dinner seating goes early and early dinner seating goes late, but it is essentially first-come, first-served, no reservations. 

On 6/15/2019 at 12:06 PM, JohnK6404 said:

Unless there has been a recent change, you only need to make reservations for shows on Quantum and Oasis class ships.

We were just on Allure last month (5/19/19 sailing) and were able to start booking the entertainment/shows 96 days prior to our sail date. It's not a set time that they will open it up, but I hear it's usually 60-90 days out. If you are sailing on a Quantum/Oasis class ship, I would just sign into your Cruise Planner regularly from this point on since you are about 4 months out.

Have a great time!

Thankyou

We are on Harmony of the Seas, is that an Oasis class ship?

Family members have booked it but done seem to be doing much planning so I am trying to research as much as possible.  I will have to get the log on details from them and have a look!

23 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

If you are on the several ships that require reservations, there is also a line of people who wait for cancellations.  About 10 minutes before show time, the unused seats are released.  It's usually best to have reservations on the more popular shows, but even then you may want to arrive 30 minutes early to get a desired seat.  There are typically a couple of extra shows at the end of the cruise that don't require reservations, such as a short ice show, aqua show, or comedy show.  Most ships actually have nightly shows - late dinner seating goes early and early dinner seating goes late, but it is essentially first-come, first-served, no reservations. 

Thanks

So a reservation is not for an actual seat just a number of people coming.  There will be 6 of us so assume we will need to arrive early to get 6 seats together!

Have had a look through recent cruise compass and viewed the shows and times, wondered if they changed much or the ships tend to stick with the same plans for the same cruise?

58 minutes ago, levy1980 said:

Thankyou

We are on Harmony of the Seas, is that an Oasis class ship?

Family members have booked it but done seem to be doing much planning so I am trying to research as much as possible.  I will have to get the log on details from them and have a look!

You’re welcome! 

Yes, Harmony is an Oasis class ship... you will definitely want to make reservations. You are correct, they do not assign seats (general admission).