Arrival time Vs check in

Hi all

I'm booked on Serenade in July sailing out of Stockholm. I completed online check in and have the arrival time of 11:30am, however, cruise planner says to arrive 2 hours early? I was planning to get there for 10 as I figured any earlier they wouldn't be ready for us? Anyone else sailed out of Europe? Does the check in differ from stateside?

The arrival times are suggestions and you really can get there whenever.  I’m cruising out of Barcelona and figuring on getting there about 930.  I figure I’d rather wait in the terminal and see the ship than at my Airbnb!  I will be following to see what others who have actual knowledge (ie not me lol) have to say.  Have a great cruise!! Jane

8 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

That might be 2 hours before scheduled ship departure, in order to allow time for check in and processing....

Yes, that makes sense! I didn't think of it that way. It's a little confusing how it's worded online. Thanks!