RoyalUp bidding

I go to bid for the RoyalUp auction and the dollar value shown on the slider is not at the minimum bid. Is the dollar value shown the current highest bid?

Example: Junior Suite minimum bid is $250, but when I go to bid, it is sitting at $1100. While I can move the slider down to a lower value, is the $1100 the current highest bid?

Hi CraniumDrain, I had tried a Royal Up bid as well , the bidding started for my one rooms at 0 & then went up. As the dial went up, color changed from weak, , medium, to strong bid. Don’t know if this helps. First cruiseHOTS in June. 

Thanks RTripp,

i figured it out. I was using my phone. The experience with a phone is completely different than using a PC browser. With a phone, the slider bar shows the price dead center always. It also does not show the dial of weak, medium, strong.

once I used a PC browser, the dial was present and bid starting slider was always at the minimum.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:03 AM, CraniumDrain said:

I go to bid for the RoyalUp auction and the dollar value shown on the slider is not at the minimum bid. Is the dollar value shown the current highest bid?

Example: Junior Suite minimum bid is $250, but when I go to bid, it is sitting at $1100. While I can move the slider down to a lower value, is the $1100 the current highest bid?

There’s not necessarily any current bids, nor are there necessarily any available rooms. Even if a ship is completely sold out, they gather RoyalUp bids in case anyone cancels at the last minute. It allows RC to capture revenue that would otherwise go unclaimed.