When should I make reservations?

JayBird

Are you talking for specialty restaurants? If you're booking a PACKAGE, you only book the 1st reservation online, and then you're required to do the rest on-board.

If you're doing specific individual specialty restaurants, do it online. OR, do it IMMEDIATELY when you get on board. They fill up very quickly, so you may not get the day/time you want. Plus you'll be so excited with the ship, you might forget.

HINT: Go to ANY specialty restaurant to make your reservation on board. They all share the same computer system and can book you for other restaurants.

HINT: Go to ANY specialty restaurant to make your reservation on board. They all share the same computer system and can book you for other restaurants.

That's a very good tip.  Many people think they have to go to Guest Services and then wait in a long line but going to any restaurant is a good idea to get it done quicker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good tip!  Thanks!  I just booked the Chef’s Package – Chef’s Table for a March 2014 Allure of the Seas sailing.  This package is the Chef’s Table dinner which is a food and wine pairing limited to 14 people, Chops Grill, and 150 Central Park.  You book either the first or second night for the Chef’s Table but then they make you wait until you’re onboard to book your Chops Grill and 150 Central Park reservations.  Booking Chops or 150 on-line before boarding will result in double charges.  I was worried about getting the nights I wanted but making the reservations for Chop and 150 at any restaurant right after boarding gives me more hope, plus I don’t have to waste time at Guest Services.

Good tip!  Thanks!  I just booked the Chef’s Package – Chef’s Table for a March 2014 Allure of the Seas sailing.  This package is the Chef’s Table dinner which is a food and wine pairing limited to 14 people, Chops Grill, and 150 Central Park.  You book either the first or second night for the Chef’s Table but then they make you wait until you’re onboard to book your Chops Grill and 150 Central Park reservations.  Booking Chops or 150 on-line before boarding will result in double charges.  I was worried about getting the nights I wanted but making the reservations for Chop and 150 at any restaurant right after boarding gives me more hope, plus I don’t have to waste time at Guest Services.

Let us know how the Chef's Table is.  It sounds like a great experience!