Required tender back from Aquaventure??

RylieMomma

Hello,

We are going on a RC cruise in a few weeks and have booked the Aquaventure excursion. Our ship stays in Nassau until midnight, so do we REALLY have to take the 2pm tender back to the ship or can we stay at Atlantis until it closes? It seems like such a raw deal to leave early when our ship isn't leaving for another 10 hours. I'm reading that the tendering part can take 90 minutes...

Has anyone tried to forego the tender? I was told to email a request for a waiver. Any experience with this? Recommendations? I'm a first time cruiser so I want to make sure we can get back on when we leave at midnight, but this 2pm departure for something that cost me $500 and was billed as a "full day" excursion is driving me crazy.

You may want to look into doing Atlantis on your own.  You can easily take a taxi over and buy day passes likely cheaper than the excursion through the ship. 

You say you're a first time cruiser but since you're asking about foregoing the guaranteed transportation back to the ship anyways, you already understand you would be responsible for making it back to the ship by midnight.

You can also book a room at the Comfort Suites which will come with wristbands for the waterpark with the price of the room.  Bonus is having a room for the day while you are there.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:37 AM, AshleyDillo said:

You may want to look into doing Atlantis on your own.  You can easily take a taxi over and buy day passes likely cheaper than the excursion through the ship. 

You say you're a first time cruiser but since you're asking about foregoing the guaranteed transportation back to the ship anyways, you already understand you would be responsible for making it back to the ship by midnight.

You can also book a room at the Comfort Suites which will come with wristbands for the waterpark with the price of the room.  Bonus is having a room for the day while you are there.

Booking direct is definitely cheaper than booking through RC. There are also a couple different add on’s that you can get additional to the aquaventure. I called them directly and was told a taxi or water taxi would be around $6-7 from the port.. and would be a 10-15 min ride. 

I think i saw the excursion is 5-6 hours... ?which is nothing when there is so much to do there.. i think if you miss the shuttle back, you can grab a taxi, provided you get back to the ship by required time.

also, is this booking a room at comfort suites really a thing? Cuz that would save us a boat load.... theres gotta be more to it! Im surprised that there is no 2 or 3 night booking minimum. For the day we are in port, it would cost $237 for a room... assuming 2 aquaventure passes are included in that....?!

1 hour ago, Chantella said:

also, is this booking a room at comfort suites really a thing? Cuz that would save us a boat load.... theres gotta be more to it! Im surprised that there is no 2 or 3 night booking minimum. For the day we are in port, it would cost $237 for a room... assuming 2 aquaventure passes are included in that....?!

Never personally done it, but have read trip reports numerous times about it.  I think if you book for 4 people in a room you would even get 4 passes for the nightly price.  I'm always shocked that this is even offered..maybe it's a lot more per night in the high season?

This is definitely the way I would go if I was doing it..seems like the cheapest option and then you have the room to change and shower and store stuff in.