Deluxe Beverage Package

BandJ

I’m thinking about buying the Deluxe Beverage Package at a cost of $55 a day excluding gratuity. Does that mean the gratuity will cost 18% a day which is $9.9 or is it worked on how much I’ve consumed. For example if I drink the equivalent of $100 of drinks a day will I pay £12 gratuity a day.

Or does it mean something else?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the boards!

The gratuity is charged on the total cost of the drink package.  For example, at $55 per day on a 7 night cruise, the total will be $385.  The gratuity is 18% of the $385 which is $57.75 making the grand total for the package around $442.75.

Just now, BandJ said:

That make sense. Not sure if it's just me but I find some of the info on RC's website a little confusing so thanks for the welcome and reply.:14_relaxed:

That’s always true, and that’s if it works. Every now and then the cruise planner decides to take a time warp back to their old design architecture. @Matt has some great articles in the archives about calculating whether or not you’re getting your money’s worth with the drink packages.