Early dry dock possible for Allure of the Seas

Matt

Royal Caribbean hasn't ruled out sending Allure of the Seas to dry dock early to deal with the propulsion problems that are slowing her down.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/11/12/royal-caribbean-considering-early-repairs-allure-of-the-seas

Do you all think Allure should go in for repairs now? Or wait until 2015?

I think whatever is broken should be repaired now. People know something is wrong now, and for the most part they aren't happy about it. Do we know exactly what is wrong? Is this a manufacture issue?

I'm not surprised by this. As this ship is newer and Royal Caribbean is probably concerned about this issue. Kind of like driving your car around town knowing there is a problem with your engine. Not the best feeling.

I just read the Seatrade Insider article about switching Oasis and Allure drydock schedules. Not sure how this would work, even if Allure could wait until 2014 to repair this issue. Interesting gossip/rumors going around on this. Cruise critic thread has 625 replies. People sound really mad about this! 

Do we know exactly what is wrong? Is this a manufacture issue?

One of the propulsion pods is broken and needs repair essentially.  I don't think it's a defect so much as the cruise ship equivalent of having a flat tire; You have to take the tire off and patch it up. Same is true for the pod.

One of the propulsion pods is broken and needs repair essentially.  I don't think it's a defect so much as the cruise ship equivalent of having a flat tire; You have to take the tire off and patch it up. Same is true for the pod.

Ok so not something the manufacture would repair as a warranty fix. So Royal Caribbean will have to fit the bill? That sucks. That ship is almost 3, I'm surprised this major of a repair is needed already. But I guess there is no way of knowing when an pod is going to have problems or stop working.

Ok so not something the manufacture would repair as a warranty fix. So Royal Caribbean will have to fit the bill? That sucks. That ship is almost 3, I'm surprised this major of a repair is needed already. But I guess there is no way of knowing when an pod is going to have problems or stop working.

We will likely never know that kind of specifics as to what caused the problem and who's fault it is.