Mr Sanchos in Cozumel

Jerel

Hello all

We just booked Mr Sanchos for our sailing in a couple of weeks, just thought I'd check in and see how your experience went.

We have read good things about the food, their menu looks decent, wide variety of drinks.

The pool bar looks cool but there is something about many people drinking heavily in a pool that gets me worried, makes ya wonder what your swimming in.

Also we are kinda worried about crowds, there is over 14,000 cruises in port that day. Did you find it too crowded?

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

I've booked Mr. Sanchos for much the same reasons you mentioned, but our visit isn't until January. Part of our decision was based on the play structures in the ocean as our son will be with us. I also wanted to avoid Playa Mia as that's where the ship excursions go.

Is Mr Sancho's a RC excursion, or is it something you book directly with them ? I don't see it in the list of RC excursions.

You book it directly at $55 per adult for the all-inclusive option. Cab is about $20 each way. I splurged on the honeymoon package, which is $200 for two but includes a private cabana and two 30 minute massages.

Playa Mia is about the same price if you book directly. However, it's also more crowded because it's one of the excursion locations for most of the ships in port. However, they do have a water park for kids, but the reviews aren't as good as their competitors. I did do a cooking class there, once offered through Royal but now needs to be booked on your own, which was quite good.

I did a little digging and read a couple reviews saying they cap the crowd at 200 people, not sure if it's true but could be. I also read you can order a meal or eat at the buffet, buffet is easier but they have better food off the menu. One person said they were shown to a table and told that it was their table for the day, not bad.

I'll definitely report in after I get back, I just bought a good little video camera so I can make my own youtube vids on this trip, my SLR is to cumbersome for good video taking on the go.

I'll be there on the 10th, WOO-HOO! I'll be nice and hung over for Remembrance day, may need more than one minute of silence :).