Dressing for Formal Night

Amaditch

Would a western shirt, bolo tie, starched jeans (black or dark brown) and a vest be acceptable attire for my 14 yr old son and husband on formal night in the MDR?  This is our first cruise on RCI and I am totally lost at to what really is acceptable with so many different answers.  I don't want to have to buy extra clothing unless absolutely necessary.    Thanks for your help with this!

I agree, that will be just fine. I've dropped down to a dress shirt, no tie, and khaki's. Sometimes I throw on a sport coat if I'm traveling with folks who want to dress up. You will see men in a variety of dress, from casual to suit and tie. No need to buy special clothing for formal night unless you just want to.

DocLC and Steve  I really appreciate your help with this question.  Didn't want to overpack, spend extra money, or try to get two suit coats there without being total crushed.  I had read many blogs concerning this and every one of the answers were different.  I am going to go with you two and then blame it on you both if it goes south.  LOL  Once again thanks!  Much appreciated!