Royal Caribbean announces new features coming to Mariner of the Seas
Royal Caribbean revealed today new features coming to Mariner of the Seas as part of a $90 million refurbishment this year.
Mariner of the Seas will undergo a refurbishment this year, where she will recieve all-new features including:
- A new bungee trampoline experience — Sky Pad
- This brand-new bungee trampoline experience will launch guests sky high for gravity-defying fun with a virtual reality headset option.
- Guests will strap in and don their virtual reality headset to transport them to another time and planet to bounce over moon craters or compete in intergalactic games. The out-of-this-world experience is for guests of all ages, and also can be enjoyed without virtual reality headsets, for those who prefer to look out over the ocean as they leap toward the sky.
- FlowRider surf simulator
- Perfect Storm waterslides
- Dual high-speed racer slides.
- Jamie's Italian specialty restaurant
- Polynesian-themed "The Bamboo Room" bar, with "tiki-chic" decor.
- A laid-back, punched-up Polynesian-themed watering hole that will whisk guests away with its throwback vibe and kitschy cool cocktails.
- The retro lounge will heat up the ship's already vibrant nightlife scene with its tiki-chic décor. Guests can choose their favorite specialty handcrafted cocktails to sip and savor, plus, make their friends jealous with Instagram-worthy moments throughout the kitschy-cool, uniquely styled space.
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi specialty restaurant
- Battle for Planet Z laser tag
- It’s bots versus aliens in a battle for the last planet. Grab a blaster, choose a side and gear up for a stellar glow-in-the-dark time.
- Escape room
- Guests can team up to find hidden clues and figure out codes in an attempt to rescue a time-traveling scientist in Puzzle Break: The Observatorium
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade
- Enjoy all the biggest live sporting events over ice-cold brews, wings, sliders and more.
- Starbucks at Sea
As part of the ship's refurbishment, Royal Caribbean will be adding new staterooms, as well as updating all the existing staterooms on the ship.
"At Royal Caribbean, we believe in the constant pursuit of adventure and that every weekend is an opportunity to experience something new and live life to its fullest," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. "With the new Mariner of the Seas, we invite travelers to weekend like they really mean it and make the most of a quick getaway than they even thought was possible."
Mariner of the Seas will call Miami, Florida home in 2018, and will be the first Voyager Class ship to offer short Caribbean sailings. Mariner of the Seas will offer 3- and 4-night itineraries from PortMiami, beginning on June 21, 2018.