Royal Caribbean announced more changes to its scheduled itineraries due to Hurricane Irma.
Adventure of the Seas will depart as planned on Saturday, September 9, but will skip a port stop in St. Maarten due to the damage caused by Hurricane Irma. Instead, the ship will replace this port with an overnight in Aruba.
The Enchantment of the Seas sailing scheduled for September 11th has been delayed and will now depart on Tuesday, September 12th and will sail a 3-night itinerary to the Bahamas. Given the unpredictability of Irma, Royal Caribbean will advise if there are any changes to the itinerary as soon as they know. Guests opting to sail on Enchantment will receive a refund of 25% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit.
Guests who are unable to travel and need to cancel their cruise can receive a 100% future cruise credit. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment.
Royal Caribbean is still monitoring these sailings, and will provide an update at 6pm EDT:
- Anthem of the Seas: September 9 Bermuda cruise
- Majesty of the Seas (charter cruise): September 11 Bahamas cruise
Hurricane Irma is a category 5 storm with sustained winds of 180 mph. Irma passed just north of San Juan, Puerto Rico and is currently located just north of the Dominican moving west at 17 mph. The current forecasts suggest that Hurricane Irma is tracking towards southeast Florida and should arrive Sunday morning, and then proceed to Port Canaveral Monday morning. The storm should exit the Florida area late Monday, pre-dawn Tuesday.
The following sailings are departing as scheduled:
- Grandeur of the Seas: September 7 New England/Canada cruise
- Liberty of the Seas: September 10 Western Caribbean cruise
- Serenade of the Seas: September 10 New England/Canada cruise
- Vision of the Seas: September 7 New England/Canada cruise
The following sailings are canceled:
- Empress of the Seas: September 9 Cuba cruise
- Enchantment of the Seas: September 8 Bahamas cruise
- Majesty of the Seas: September 8 Bahamas cruise
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call 1-800-256-6649.