Royal Caribbean alters NextCruise onboard booking bonus
Royal Caribbean is making changes to its onboard cruise booking incentive program, known as NextCruise.
We first heard about the changes on a Cruise Critic message board post, and it appears the changes are being directed to travel agents first.
Effective on August 1, 2017, the reduced deposits incentive will be eliminated. The deposit required onboard will be equivalent to the same value as shoreside deposit, which ranges between $100 - $450 per cabin, depending on the length of the cruise.
In addition, Royal Caribbean is altering the onboard credit offered to those that book cruises onboard.
- 4-5 night cruises
- Interior/Oceanview rooms: $25
- Balcony/Junior Suites: $50
- Grand Suite and above: $150
- 6-9 night cruises
- Interior/Oceanview rooms: $50
- Balcony/Junior Suites: $100
- Grand Suite and above: $300
- 10 nights or longer cruises
- Interior/Oceanview rooms: $100
- Balcony/Junior Suites: $200
- Grand Suite and above: $500
As of August 1, 2017, NextCruise will only offer the future onboard credit option. Royal Caribbean claims this change was due to lack of popularity of the Instant Onboard Credit option.
Guests booking NextCruise will have the choice to have either the Refundable or Non-Refundable Deposit Fare program while onboard. Both the Refundable and Non-Refundable fares are combinable with NextCruise Onboard credit.