Little French Key

Michael Vitale

Quick review on Little French Key,,,,,,

Not a fan !!  Heard wonderful things, and was well aware of the fire & obvious issues they're having w their government.  But decided to keep our booking and go anyway.  The fire was limited to the animal sanctuary, and as sad as that is, it didn't impact the other areas of the resort.  However,,,, the other areas are not that nice IMO.  Sure, it was scenic, in a Gilligans Island sort of way.  Lots of palm trees and jungle-like environment, but as far as soft sand & crystal clear blue water we really didn't see it.  Much of the swimming is accessed from a dock area, where chairs/bars are.  What was included for the $175 "all inclusive" package (for 2) was a "lunch plate" and 4 drink tokens.  The lunch was 1 bbq chicken leg and a side which I don't even remember.  Very disappointing.  As far as drinks/tokens,,, You can get either 2 cheapo drinks (soft drink, beer, well drink) OR use BOTH tokens for 1 top shelf drink, for example Crown Royal, Johnnie Walker, etc.  

Bottom line for me, think of it this way,,, It was kinda like paying $85 pp to spend the day in Labadee without the wonderful all you can eat buffet they set up there.  I don't regret going, we made the most of it, but I would certainly never go back, nor recommend it.