tonyfsu21

Complimentary Stateroom Upgrade

First cruise ever last fall, we had booked an oceanview midship on deck 3.  I picked it because I didn't know if seasickness would be an issue for us.  Two days before our cruise I went online to print our luggage tags and found that we were listed as being on deck 7 a bit more forward in a balcony.  I figured I would take the risk of motion sickness, lol.  It was one of the cabins on Serenade that has kind of a half balcony, half the square. 

Someone must have cancelled last minute, because all week we got gifts delivered for him.  Upon arrival, he had a bottle of wine and glasses.  Throughout the week, on board credit and spa certificates arrived.  We have guilty consciences and don't drink alcohol anymore, so it all got returned to guest services, lol. 

Also, I thought the balcony would kind of stink, because it was smaller, but didn't care because it was free.  Instead we loved it, because since it's on an angle we could see in multiple directions without looking out the side.  So we booked the same cabin this coming cruise!  I have no clue why we got upgraded, but I had spent a lot on cruise planner stuff, including ship's tour, voom, refreshment packages, etc...  And I had originally booked two cruises B2B accidentally, and when I cancelled the second one I got a call from "my" Royal trip planner.  During that conversation I mentioned that it was our first cruise, and perhaps she made note of that.  It certainly was a good move for them, because we're most definitely booking balconies from here on out. 

When we cruised on Oasis just after Hurricane Michael, we were offered an upgrade from a GS to a Crown Loft Suite for $400.  Jumped at it. I believe that they had some cancellations because of the whirly girl.

2 hours ago, rjweber3 said:

When we cruised on Oasis just after Hurricane Michael, we were offered an upgrade from a GS to a Crown Loft Suite for $400.  Jumped at it. I believe that they had some cancellations because of the whirly girl.

I think you mean Whirly guy??  🙂

Unless of course, Michael is a girl, which is can be.......

On 4/23/2018 at 7:19 AM, tonyfsu21 said:

Interesting. Aqua theatre suites are Star class, correct? If so, $300 seems like a great deal. 

It was the smallis 1 br aqua theater suite on deck 14 if i remember right. Sky class not Star class for that suite.

16 hours ago, Symphony said:

It was, boardwalk was 150 euros more than central park

The higher price does not necessarily mean that it is an upgrade. I have the understanding that both categories are similar if not the same, the cabins with balcony and Broadway view start on deck 7 and Central Park on 9. I guess it's a matter of taste, I would have preferred the tranquility of Central Park.

On 4/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, APM said:

It was the smallis 1 br aqua theater suite on deck 14 if i remember right. Sky class not Star class for that suite.

Correct.  The only Aqua Theater suites that are Star class are the 2BR ones.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, GlennGlenn said:

I think you mean Whirly guy??  🙂

Unless of course, Michael is a girl, which is can be.......

You are correct. I have called them girls for decades. Need to get correct.  Thanks, 😎

We got the email asking if we would be interested in an upgrade on our Adventure sailing if one became available. I answered with a resounding YES!!!   Well, we sail in less than a week and I haven't heard anything. Maybe we will get lucky and they will have upgraded us at check in.    One can hope 😉

I just came back from Allure of the Seas April 22-29 2018 and to my surprise I got an upgrade when I got to the pier. I originally booked an Oceanview Guarantee (Y) and I got my cabin of 3216 but I got upgraded to a JS 7226. I was in shock and thinking this was a mistake and they were going to take it away from me. When I got to the room, the sea pass cards there had a different last name (I'm thinking they either cancelled or they got upgraded as well) but I got it resolved quickly with Guest Services. We got to eat dinner at Coastal Kitchen. 😀

20 hours ago, JessiesGirl said:

I just came back from Allure of the Seas April 22-29 2018 and to my surprise I got an upgrade when I got to the pier. I originally booked an Oceanview Guarantee (Y) and I got my cabin of 3216 but I got upgraded to a JS 7226. I was in shock and thinking this was a mistake and they were going to take it away from me. When I got to the room, the sea pass cards there had a different last name (I'm thinking they either cancelled or they got upgraded as well) but I got it resolved quickly with Guest Services. We got to eat dinner at Coastal Kitchen. 😀

@JessiesGirland how was the JS versus the Oceanview you had booked??

17 hours ago, GlennGlenn said:

@JessiesGirland how was the JS versus the Oceanview you had booked??

OMG, I never saw the Oceanview room (as I am presuming RCL sold mine to another guest).  The JS was totally awesome, walk-in closet, coffee/tea machine, bathtub w/ shower (nozzle), 2 bathrobes, lots of drawers and desk space, bigger balcony (with small table and two chairs, two loungers) 80 square feet.  The room was around 300 square feet. We have 2 children (age 10 and 7) and they had their own sofa bed (so comfortable), I believe it was a queen or a double. There was a privacy curtain to separate the two beds (I guess this is the suite portion?).  The JS cards are a darker blue (Sea class) and you get preferential treatment for seating (main dining room) and you don't have to sign out the towels (on pool deck and outside on port days).  And to be able to eat at Coastal Kitchen with the elite was heavenly...

14 hours ago, Suzanne said:

I read our cruise is sold out so I guess I'm S.O.L.

Not sure about that.  You never know as I presume for my situation, something happened the Saturday before...there could be last minute cancellations.  Good luck.  Now I am so spoiled and they have the WOW promotion again and kids are free and there is free OBC...yikes, wanna go back to Allure of the Seas and Labadee...

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, Suzanne said:

We got the email asking if we would be interested in an upgrade on our Adventure sailing if one became available. I answered with a resounding YES!!!   Well, we sail in less than a week and I haven't heard anything. Maybe we will get lucky and they will have upgraded us at check in.    One can hope 😉

Fingers crossed for you...:)