Need advice for Miami - sightseeing, transport, food...

Neaxan

We'll be in arriving in Miami with Symphony on Friday and board Caribbean Princess on Sunday. What do we do in between? We've already booked a hotel in South Beach on Ocean Drive. Our plan for Friday was to stroll the Art Deco district & the boardwalk and wave Symphony goodbye from South Pointe Pier in the evening. We'd like to do some sightseeing on Saturday - do you know any tours that are worthwhile and give a good overview of Miami's highlights? I've already researched the Hop on Hop off buses, but the reviews are mixed - I'd be grateful for your opinions.

Also, how do we get from port to the hotel - and to Port Everglades on Sunday? I'm guessing Uber or Lyft would be the easiest? (We don't have those in Germany so I have no experience regarding this.) Guess we'd have to do UberXL or the equivalent - with 4 suitcases :8_laughing:

And on to a topic that's more fun: food. Considering we'll be cruising for 4 weeks, I'm not planning to visit any "real" restaurants. We're more thinking fast food and would like to try some options we don't have in Germany. (What you can tick off in Germany is easily listed: McD, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut.) I'm totally up for suggestions here - what is a must try?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Can't wait to make good use of it - even though it'll mean we have left Symphony :(