Question for kids dining in specialty restaurants

My understanding is that there are kids menus (modified regular menu) in some of the specialty restaurants where kids aged 6-12 pay $10, or if they want to eat off the regular adult menu (aside from the a la carte restaurant such as Izumi) they can:

Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are half the adult price. Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable).

Is that correct?

How would that work for the BOGO 2 Night Dining Package? The CAD pricing is $50 per adult.  How much would the kids be in this scenario if they were to eat off the adult menu? Would I pay for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) at $50 each ($200) and they would give me a credit ($50)for the kids amounts when onboard?

Thank you.

Last year, it was a flat fee for kids, not a percentage reduction. And for some reason, when we were on the package, they never charged us for my son. 

Whether or not there's a special kids menu varies by ship and restaurant. Sometimes my son was given a special menu; other times, he was instructed to order from the regular menu. At Izumi, we just used our credit to cover his food. 

18 hours ago, JessiesGirl said:

How would that work for the BOGO 2 Night Dining Package? The CAD pricing is $50 per adult.  How much would the kids be in this scenario if they were to eat off the adult menu? Would I pay for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) at $50 each ($200) and they would give me a credit ($50)for the kids amounts when onboard?

In general, when it comes to kids do not buy them a dining package.  Just have them join you and pay for them at the restaurant.  Then, you can take advantage of kids pricing.