Harmony - San Juan, St Thomas cruise excursions

Emma

Interested in suggestions for February Harmony cruise excursions.  We will be in San Juan from 7am-2pm, and St Thomas 8am-6pm.  .  The last time we were in St Thomas, we went on an "almost sunset" catamaran cruise that was very enjoyable, lots of rum punch and nice harbor cruise. I don;t see this offered online right now.  We love relaxing beach atmosphere, not into snorkeling at all.  Nothing too strenuous.   Prefer something that includes meals and/or drinks depending on times.  Nothing really striking my interest on the Royal Caribbean website.   Tell me any favorites or must sees. This is our first time to San Juan.  

We are currently in an unusual learning period with excursions at ports that many have not even re-opened yet (as of today) from hurricanes this summer.   St Thomas is near and dear to me because I worked there for a few years and have friends there, but similar conclusions can be drawn for San Juan (and St Maarten even though its not on your itinerary).   In some cases an excursion may not be available right now because the local operator suffered losses during the storm.  Once their insurance kicks they'll likely be available again but that can take time.

I am scheduled to return to San Juan and St Thomas in December according to the latest revised itineraries.  I hope to be able to provide more direct feedback once I've been there.  

On St Thomas, Royal Caribbean is working with the local parks authority to restore Magens Bay Beach.  This is a top rated beach time and again.  They have scheduled the reopening of this beach for November 10 when Adventure of the Seas calls on St Thomas being the first cruise ship to return since the storms.  

in San Juan I love exploring the old San Juan.  There are many ways to do this.  I've done it on my own, but I'm planning on a local guided tour of old San Juan next time.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your response.   I certainly understand the storm damage has surely changed and/or cancelled excursion offerings. 

My cruise excursion certainly takes a back seat to restoration and safety.  My heart goes out to all of those affected and I wish them all the best.