Help!

What time of year are you planning? That will make one of the biggest differences in how crowded the ship is. Additionally, the newer the ship, the more likely it will also be crowded. Thus, your best bet would be one of the older ships sailing during non-peak times of the year. 

We took my MIL on a cruise for her 70th? maybe it was her 72? Anyway, we went with a 5 day sailing on Enchantment. She did have some mobility issues, but didn't quite need a scooter. She just brought her walker with the built in seat so she could rest as needed. It was very helpful along the long pier in Costa Maya when there was no shuttle. I think she would have been overwhelmed with a Freedom or Oasis class ship. The smaller ships are older and don't have all the bells and whistles, but your mother may not care about some of those things anyway. I know mine would have gone to watch the kids ice skate, but she was just as happy watching them at the pool. For us any of the Voyager class or smaller was going to be perfect for her.