Dining Options on Ovation

Rayza

We're having difficulty understanding the dining options offered on Ovation of the Seas.  Firstly there is no First Night Done Right as has been mentioned here on other ships.  Is this something specific to just some ships?

Also in our cruise planner options in preferences there is no button to modify our dining options.  It just says My Time Dining.  Does this mean that there isn't the traditional sittings on this ship?  Does anyone know how My Time Dining works?  For example when we go to book our dining options, you can select MTD but then it comes up with all of the chargeable restaurants and not the complimentary ones.  From a website of Ovation of the Seas there are several complimentary restaurants, but within cruise planner you can't seem to access them.  Clicking on more options button  gives you the choice to book MTD in the main dining room but not any of the other complimentary dining areas.   How does this all work.

I would ring RCL call centre in the Philipines or wherever in the world it is, but having spent 40 minutes last week trying to get a cabin assigned to us without any success I'm just not up to talking to more incompetent unhelpful "customer service" staff

Quantum class ships had Dynamic Dining when they first came out, but some, or all, have since dropped it due to many customers complaining about it.  You might be running into something having to do with those changes.  I hope someone who's been on Ovation recently will chime in and give you solid answers.

We are on Ovation in November and First Night Done Right is not an option on our cruise planner. It is an option on one of our other cruises on another ship booked later, so I assume it is not available on Ovation.

As I understand it, when they scrapped the dynamic dining concept the four different complementary restraurants changed so they all served the same food. Two restaurants are assigned for traditional dining and two are for MTD.  With the change it means the restaurants have a different look but the food will be the same no matter which one you get assigned to.

On the cruise planner I found I could book the day and dining time but did not have the option to select the restaurant other than for it to say it was complementary..

i am still hoping the 3 and 5 night dining packages will show up soon as we don't want to purchase the ultimate dining package for our cruise. Normally they are available by now so I am a little concerned that they will not be available on this cruise.