No Excursions Available?

I am sailing on Spectrum out of Shanghai in September.  The cruise planner is only showing 5 shore excursions total for the entire 7-day (3 port days) cruise. I'm wondering if it's because it's still 6 months out and Spectrum isn't scheduled to return to Shanghai until this summer? But you'd still think they'd have shore excursions by now...??

I know I can always book 3rd party, but I'm "one of those" who would've missed the ship one time had I not been on a Royal-booked excursion. The ship waited over an hour for us. 

It also just has me a bit nervous 😬 ... will the ship really return to China? Plus, I heard Spectrum is or is headed to dry dock due to engine issues...

Excursions are something where there is no timetable as to when they get released. I know part of the issue is it depends on when/if Royal has contracts in place with the excursion provider as Royal themselves does not operate these. I have a sailing in December 2024 where I was able to book my excursions all in March 2023, so you being 6 months out isn’t the issue. Just have to keep checking. In the meantime, I would book fully refundable excursions through a 3rd party just in case as a back up.