Gift card disqust

The gift card policy is pure theft. I was given a gift card and applied it to my first ever cruise at booking. Unfortunately,  we had some things happen that will prevent us from taking this cruise. I needed to cancel and book again at a later date. I realize I will lose the deposit, but the rest I was just asking to be put on another gift for a future booking. I'm told that they can't refund a gift card. What I was asking for is NOT a refund. Issuing a gift card that is only to be used for them is not a refund. I either lose all the money paid, or pay and extra $100/person to apply it to another cruise. I don't know when we can rebook at this time. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen. 

10 minutes ago, A-A Ron said:

The gift card policy is pure theft. I was given a gift card and applied it to my first ever cruise at booking. Unfortunately,  we had some things happen that will prevent us from taking this cruise. I needed to cancel and book again at a later date. I realize I will lose the deposit, but the rest I was just asking to be put on another gift for a future booking. I'm told that they can't refund a gift card. What I was asking for is NOT a refund. Issuing a gift card that is only to be used for them is not a refund. I either lose all the money paid, or pay and extra $100/person to apply it to another cruise. I don't know when we can rebook at this time. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen. 

Welcome to the boards.    Please note that this is a fan site and is not an official Royal Caribbean site.  

Unfortunately, that is the policy for NRD cancelations regardless of gift card use.  If you have travel insurance, you should file a claim with them and see if any resolution can be made.  

Good Luck!