How do I properly insure an expensive cruise?

We are doing a long cruise (over one month) that will be expensive.  Any suggestions on how you would insure it?  I'm looking at an annual plan, but the dollar amount for the cruise (that insurance would reimburse) is nowhere close to the actual cost that we'll put out.  Yes, I would hate to lose the money paid for the cruise.  But I also want a decent amount of medical and possible evacuation coverage.  It seems that a lot of the plans wouldn't fully cover the cost of the cruise.  All suggestions welcome!  Thanks.

Additional info:  Further research seems to show that a lot of annual plans don't cover the actual cruise cost (or at least not much of it).  I'm thinking that annual plans probably don't work so well for a longer and more expensive cruise that costs upwards of $20,000 or $30,000 or more.  Maybe they're good for the medical aspect, but not so good for getting cruise cost back?

Edited by happy cruisers 2
additional info

After lots of online searching, we decided this long cruise (and much more costly than any we've ever done) needed single trip insurance.  I wasn't finding any annual plans that would even come close to giving us our cruise cost back if the unforeseen event caused us to cancel.  Hated to put out $2,500 for it, but needed to.  If anyone comes up with different solutions, please let me know.