American Airlines Seating Assigned Does Not Match The Seating Map?

VillainsGin

Hello!

Noticed a small detail that has caused some confusion. I have not contacted the airline directly yet and was hoping someone would know before I navigate their phone maze.

Below is a picture of the seating map with circles labeled 1/2 on 17A/17B showing the seats we chose BUT the booking information shows 17A/17C.

Does anyone know if this is nothing to worry about or if this is something I should bring to the airlines attention? Last thing I would want is to find out last minute something was not right and miss or be delayed for the flight.

image.thumb.png.1761912de0085152ccfd17bfd5e2c680.png

From the looks of things, you're assigned a Boeing 777 for this flight.  I'm going to agree with @Carlos A. here and assume that they've just maintained the same seating designations from the Premium Economy section and omitted seats B & K in the 2-4-2 row of Main Cabin Extra.  I wouldn't be concerned, but you can always call or jump on the Customer Service chat online or on the app if it'll set your mind at ease!

On 12/27/2023 at 9:06 AM, USCG Teacher said:

From the looks of things, you're assigned a Boeing 777 for this flight.  I'm going to agree with @Carlos A. here and assume that they've just maintained the same seating designations from the Premium Economy section and omitted seats B & K in the 2-4-2 row of Main Cabin Extra.  I wouldn't be concerned, but you can always call or jump on the Customer Service chat online or on the app if it'll set your mind at ease!

Much appreciated for putting me at ease! I've flown countless of times but have never encountered this situation before so it's good to know everything is fine. I will eventually call the airline when I have time to find out their reason for labeling the map and the ticket like this for curiosity sake and report back if anything is different!

Thank you @USCG Teacher @Carlos A.