How long before disembarkation

My wife & I are going on the Liberty out of Galveston.  For disembarkation day, we are planning on walking off the ship with our own luggage. 

The ship is supposed to arrive at 6:30 AM.  Does anyone have an idea of how long it will take before they let passengers walk off on?

We are trying to determine what time to arrange car transportation that day.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Steve79 said:

My wife & I are going on the Liberty out of Galveston.  For disembarkation day, we are planning on walking off the ship with our own luggage. 

The ship is supposed to arrive at 6:30 AM.  Does anyone have an idea of how long it will take before they let passengers walk off on?

Thanks!

It's usually takes 45-60 minutes to receive clearance. When I was last on the Liberty, those doing self-assist were told to gather at 7:15 a.m.

Remember, you will still need to clear Customs, so I wouldn't arrange anything before 8, and might even suggest 8:30 for added flexibility especially if they're going to charge for waiting. 

1 hour ago, Steve79 said:

Thanks!

We just got off Liberty a few weeks ago.  People who put their luggage out the night before left before anyone else, which I think began around 7 or 7:30.  The walk-off times (which were provided to us the day before) were based on your floor.  The top floors went first.  The time slot for floors 9 through 12 was 8:30 to 8:50.   Then it went in 20 minute increments after that for groups of other floors.  It didn't take any time to walk off, you just got in a long line and it went fast.   I don't know if you could leave at other times that weren't assigned to you or not, because we just followed our instructions.  But maybe.