The administration hasn't actually changed any policy.  The admin made some recommendations which will guide the Treasury Dpt in coming up with additional restrictions, but they haven't put anything forth yet, and it's unknown how long it will take to enact once they do.

Either way however, the recommendations made will not preclude cruise ships, though they *may* affect what type of touring you do when you arrive.  For most cruisers, I would suspect you'll see very little in the way of changes.

I've got a series of articles which have tips and info around the restrictions, documentation requirements, ways to save money changing currency when you visit Cuba, and more.  In this series there is also a link to a live blog over on this site which I kept on our Empress sailing to Cuba this past May.  That live blog will show you a bit of Empress, what we did in Cuba, and on the rest of our great trip with some friends from these very message boards.  Reach out if you have any questions at all!

www.CruiseHabit.com/Cruising-Cuba