xSAILEDx Freedom - 09/01/2023

On this past Sunday, 08/27/2023, I started to search for availability on the Freedom's Labor Day weekend sailing on the RCCL website.  I've never experienced anything more frustrating and shocking from a company such as RCCL.  The initial price for an inside cabin was approximately $1000 pp and $1600 pp for a balcony cabin.  Each time I attempted to secure a booking the website would crash.  Then there wouldn't be any availability.  Wait until the next day and there were cabins available again but each time the price was higher and higher.  

Yesterday and today, the price remains at $1500 pp. Needless to say, I'm not willing to pay such a ridiculously increased price. 

Typically, I've always booked my RCCL cruises via the RCCL website.  It's very discouraging to see such an unreliable system in place coupled with what one might categorize as unjustified price gouging.  

I hope and trust that RCCL will take steps to make its website more reliable as this was very disappointing.

I did call RCCL and a couple of travel agencies who advised me that RCCL does this regularly and they will not drop their price but rather leave the customer unhappy and the cabin empty.  What a shameful way to do business. 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Freedom - 09/01/2023