Seattle Hotel Suggestions!

TimeRacer

I just talked my hubby into an Alaskan cruise in May! (whooo!) but now I'm a smidge overwhelmed with the hotel options. Since we're coming from Ohio, we're definitely going to fly in at least 1 day before embarkation. I don't really wanna pay downtown Seattle hotel prices for one night right before the cruise, but I know SeaTac is quite a distance from downtown as well. Has anyone done a night-before-the-cruise hotel somewhere in between? Is there anywhere I should absolutely avoid? I live in a city bigger than Seattle, so I'm just wanting to avoid straight up flop houses and bed bugs. If you have a place that was easy to get to from the airport and also easy to get to the cruise port from, let me know. 

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Travelodge by the Space Needle in June, with a group discount arranged by our TA.  Don't stay there!  It's in a good location but is badly in need of updating.  The beds in our tiny room were comfortable, and that plus the location is all it has going for it.  Faucet in our bathroom sink was almost impossible to turn off,  paint peeling around the windows, etc.  For about $250/night including taxes, it's a ripoff.  Two ladies from our group stayed at Doubletree near SeaTac for about $160 and they were pleased with it. I also have friends that stayed at Holiday Inn Express near SeaTac; it has a shuttle to the pier that I think cost them $15-20 each.