Procida Island excursion

Sarastep

When I was researching our cruise I couldn’t find any information on this excursion, so thought I would post a review as it may help someone else.

We are a family of 4 (kids are 17 & 20) and we chose this excursion on our Naples port day. This ended up being our favourite excursion of the cruise.

We were met by our tour guide Pasquale and walked over to the ferry terminal. There were less than 20 people in our group. We were given our tickets to the high speed ferry and shown where the terminal washrooms were. We waited about 30 minutes for the ferry and embarked as a group. I believe the ferry ride was about 45 minutes, but I slept so not entirely sure. We were the first stop.

Once we arrived at Procida Island our guide explained we would first tour the island by taxi and then would have a walking tour. The taxis all stopped at certain points on the island for photos and some information from Pasquale. We then began our walking tour of the island. It was a hot day and there is a lot of climbing, uneven walkways and stairs, so you should be prepared for this. We love to walk so thought it was great. Nice breezes and cool in the shade. Pasquale was wonderful. Very informative and happy to answer questions. We had a difficult family on our tour and he handled them with grace & kindness.

At the conclusion of the organized tour you have free time to shop, explore or eat (it was about 11:30am and we had until 1:30pm). The tour ends back at the port and the meeting point & time are communicated clearly. We met back at an outdoor patio where we were given a cold drink of our choice and a delicious pastry. We then headed back to the dock to catch the returning ferry.

The island itself is beautiful and the people seem very warm & friendly. You could definitely take the ferry to Procida yourself, but we felt the guided tour was very informative & interesting. I would highly recommend this tour.