Have you done the Cozumel city tour by trolley?

happy cruisers 2

Have any of you done the Cozumel city tour by trolley excursion offered by Royal Caribbean?  Two questions.  Did you like it?  Do you know the reason that a waiver must be signed?  It sounds like a very safe way to see something while ashore.  I'm curious to know why a signed waiver is necessary.  Thanks for any input you might share.

27 minutes ago, happy cruisers 2 said:

Did you like it?  Do you know the reason that a waiver must be signed?  It sounds like a very safe way to see something while ashore.  I'm curious to know why a signed waiver is necessary.

The answer to this question is almost always, "someone did something inexplicably stupid once and hurt themself and/or others."  Alcohol is generally but not always involved in said event.

I'm hoping someone who has actually done this excursion might tell me what you thought of it, and what your take was on the waiver.  We have done multiple excursions where alcohol was available (sunset sailings, short water excursions, distillery tour, wine tastings and so on), but have never been asked to sign a waiver.  I'm hoping that Cozumel is generally a safe place and there are no atypical security concerns to be aware of.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have input on what the trolley tour was like?  Did you enjoy it?  My wife has a back that sometimes doesn't like lots of bouncing around, so that's one concern.  Every time we've been to Cozumel we basically get off the ship and do a brief walk around.  We've done our share of beach trips, so that doesn't interest us.  Thought this time we should actually get a little overview of the area though.  Hoping it won't be a super hot and sunny day!!