Odyssey Of The Seas Spanish Transatlantic cruise getting from cruise port to airport early

We are taking the Spanish Transatlantic cruise on April 21st and will arrive in Civitavecchia,Italy on May 5th. My question is for those that have done this cruise what is the earliest you get off ship ?What is the best transportation to get you to the airport quickly? And what is the earliest to book a flight ? We will be flying into Athens for a cruise the next day and really have no clue on the reliability of the transportation  in other countries. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

We are taking the Spanish Transatlantic cruise on April 21st and will arrive in Civitavecchia,Italy on May 5th. My question is for those that have done this cruise what is the earliest you get off ship ?What is the best transportation to get you to the airport quickly? And what is the earliest to book a flight ? We will be flying into Athens for a cruise the next day and really have no clue on the reliability of the transportation  in other countries. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Welcome to the boards!

We'll be on this cruise too. We plan to take the train to the airport and fly out in the afternoon in a leisurely fashion. I've sailed out to Civitavecchia before, but pre-covid. I'm sure others who have been there more recently can comment on the time they were able to debark.

If you have a flight to Athens noon or later you should easily be able to make it.

If you don't want to take the train, Royal also has a bus transfer you can call them to book.

We will be in Civitavecchia on May 5 for the departure of the cruise:-)
There is no direct train to the airport from Civitavecchia. You have to go through Rome...
But RC offers a shuttle bus...
It's best to plan a flight in the early afternoon. You will have time to reach the airport without stress. No worries between rome and athens, they are two European capitals, there are flights.