Scuba Diving Costa Maya

osok

RC does not offer any scuba diving excursions in Costa Maya so looking at booking with Mar Adentro Adventures in Mahahual, MX.  Maybe a $4.00 and 5 min. taxi ride from port in Costa Maya.  Can anyone offer reviews of Mar Adentro Adventures for 2 tank dive?

I have not dove with Mar Adentro but I have dove with Doctor Dive once and Gypsea Divers probably about a half dozen times. From my experience, all the dive shops are going to the same stretch of reef. It's not spectacular like you get in Cozumel but as a diver, I'm just happy to be in the water. All the shops use the same style of fishing boat, It's just what they do there. They are not a dive boats by any stretch. Getting back onboard is the worst part.

Mahahual taxis have two fares. One for touristas at $9 a head each way to and from Mahahual and the port. The other fare is for locals at a much, much lower rate (like 1/3) to wherever they would like to go, in pesos only. The taxis are a syndicate and unless you are a local, slim chance of negotiation.

On 5/31/2023 at 2:04 PM, bobroo said:

I have not dove with Mar Adentro but I have dove with Doctor Dive once and Gypsea Divers probably about a half dozen times. From my experience, all the dive shops are going to the same stretch of reef. It's not spectacular like you get in Cozumel but as a diver, I'm just happy to be in the water. All the shops use the same style of fishing boat, It's just what they do there. They are not a dive boats by any stretch. Getting back onboard is the worst part.

Mahahual taxis have two fares. One for touristas at $9 a head each way to and from Mahahual and the port. The other fare is for locals at a much, much lower rate (like 1/3) to wherever they would like to go, in pesos only. The taxis are a syndicate and unless you are a local, slim chance of negotiation.

Thanks for the review and information on the taxis.  Understand not the quality of Cozumel but like you just great to be in the water.