Bermuda Excursions in Early May & Water Temps

Sydnie

Looking for some advice on excursions for Bermuda in early May, please!

We have a group of 10 people, including 3 kids (ages 13, 6 & 4), and the rest are adults ages 35-45. I was totally set on the catamaran and snorkel trip since it allows my kids ages (I'm finding it hard to find stuff for the 4 year old through RC) and the vast majority of our group has never done a catamaran (or any leisure boat) or snorkeling. However, I have been reading that the water temps might be chilly and limit our enjoyment of snorkeling in early May? FWIW, we are from the northeast, so we are used to the cold weather and will most likely end up in shorts because it will be warmer there than here still.

So is the catamaran with snorkeling trip worth it and enjoyable? How is the water temps (would love to hear from other northeast people)?

Alternatively, do you have any other recommendations for Bermuda in early May? I know we can just take a trip to horseshoe beach, but I don't think I want to spend all day there. It's a lot to keep kids entertained on the beach for an extended period of time without beach toys... and I don't really want to bring beach toys to carry around all day, haha. Not opposed to stopping there for 1-2 hours and adding something else though!

Thanks for any advice! Appreciate you guys!