Cruise Documents to board

I’m two weeks from sailing and I’m in a bit of a pain, I don’t have a passport ( I made several appointments in my area and kept getting canceled on me so I gave up).   My last name is married hyphenated (. First marriage-second marriage).  I have two kids with my first marriage so I wanted to continue to keep that name.     I’ve been remarried for 10 years and divorced from my 1st for 15.  

I have.  
my license - with my hyphenated name 

marriage license ( second marriage) 

divorce decree (first) but it has my married name not my maiden.   
I have no way to get my original first marriage license.   Can’t do it online and it’s a tiny town in Texas.    
may kids who are coming with me have my maiden name on their birth certificate- could I use that as the bridge from my birth dame on my birth certificate to my ID WITH my other documents 

Sorry you are going through this last-minute headache and I hope you are able to board.

You will need documentation linking your name on your birth certificate to the name on your license/photo id.  They will not assume your name is correct just because your kids have a similar name, it needs to be officially documented.

What travel documents are required to board? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

As far as the children go, you should bring your divorce decree.  Also, US Department of Homeland security requires you to have a note from their other parent giving you permission to take the children out of the country unless you have sole custody.  Royal may ask for this, but sometimes they don't.  If the children have different last names than either you or your current spouse, which it sounds like they do, they will more than likely ask for this permission letter.

"If the child is accompanied by only one parent, the parent should have a note from the child's other parent."

Travel Overseas | Homeland Security (dhs.gov)

Good luck and hopefully have a wonderful trip.

5 hours ago, Hyoung38 said:

Thanks so much.   Those two are over the age of 18 at this point.  But with my birth certificate and divorce decree it has BOTH my maiden and my ex husbands name on it.     This would be so much easier if I didn’t get married in a tiny town in Texas 😩🤦🏽‍♀️

Kids are good then if they are over 18.  Most of the records, like marriage and birth certificates are at the county level here in Texas.  Have you tried the county instead of the city?

• 5 months later...

I have been married twice .  I have BC,both official marriage license and DL matching married name. I was 19 when divorced and have never had a copy of my 1st divorce paperwork.  Not traveling internationally.  Will I have any issues boarding?  No time to try and get divorce decree