Starlink and freestyle machines on Independence- is it bad?

First time poster here - sailing on Independence on Friday and I genuinely can't wait. 

I've heard/read 2 things that are concerning me now. I bought the voom package and the soda package. Both are important to me (especially as I do not drink alcohol). 

I'm consistently reading that the service is pretty bad with Starlink on the indy, and that the freestyle machines are not only crowded out but also frequently either out of service or out of most flavors. 

Anyone on Indy recently that can confirm, or state with any confidence that the fuss about these issues is overblown? 

Thanks!

Welcome to the boards. 

The fuss is the fuss as each person unique experience is just that.

The crowdedness of Freestyle machines and lack of options is prevalent across the fleet and definitely a YMMV situation. The same with Starlink......... I was on Harmony and Oasis recently enough and Starlink was hit or miss. Your cabin and cruise route can result in amazing service but another person on the same sailing could have the opposite experience. 

Which is to say no one can state with confidence that it will good or bad. 

Agreed on the Freestyle machines - we've been on cruises w/no issues and on cruises with specific options (we're big on Coke Zero) already out on Day 1. Some cruises Coke Zero is so rare it could be used as currency.... 😆

For the Coke Zero issue specifically, we've often had good luck finding one or more bars that have them in stock in the coolers, and periodically picking up a can or 2 and storing them in our cabin fridge. It's always good to make friends with the bartenders, even if you're just getting soda refills or bottled water.