Cycle shoes?

jenmsherm

15 hours ago, jenmsherm said:

I’ve searched here and the Google and can’t seem to find an answer so I’m asking 🙂 I’m sailing on symphony in a couple of weeks and saw there are stationary bikes in the fitness center. Anyone know if they take cycle shoes? Trying to figure out if I need to pack mine or not. TIA!

I've yet to sail on the Symphony, so take this with a grain of salt, but....on every ship I've been on with a spin studio, the spin bikes are equipped with dual sided pedals that allow tennis/workout shoes on side, and standard SPD cleats on the other.  None of the stationary bikes out on the fitness center floor were fitted with SPD pedals for cycling cleats, however.  Again, can't confirm on the Symphony, but it was this way on the Oasis, Allure, Liberty, Anthem, Quantum, and Odyssey, at the least (I don't think I checked on either the Explorer or Brilliance).

And I'm the same way...always waffling between packing them or not.  🙂

4 hours ago, ColdRingo said:

I've yet to sail on the Symphony, so take this with a grain of salt, but....on every ship I've been on with a spin studio, the spin bikes are equipped with dual sided pedals that allow tennis/workout shoes on side, and standard SPD cleats on the other.  None of the stationary bikes out on the fitness center floor were fitted with SPD pedals for cycling cleats, however.  Again, can't confirm on the Symphony, but it was this way on the Oasis, Allure, Liberty, Anthem, Quantum, and Odyssey, at the least (I don't think I checked on either the Explorer or Brilliance).

And I'm the same way...always waffling between packing them or not.  🙂

Wonderful, thank you! Is it true that the spin bikes aren’t open to the public outside of the classes?