Ocean club for an 11 year old

Oneoftheks

Traveling with my granddaughter in Feb on the Anthem, and am wondering if people would give me guidance as how the Ocean club is run . Are there scheduled events during the day that she can decide whether she wants to join or is it a consensus of what the group that is there that day wants to do. She is friendly but would need some guidance in joining a group.

There is no calendar of activities in adventure ocean. Generally time there is organized group activities, just there’s no set calendar on what those activities might be. My son’s favorite is always Gaga Ball (I have no idea what that is but he loves it). Sometimes he’d come out of AO and they will have told him what they were going to do as an evening activity so he’d look forward to going back. He’s now 12 and will be in the teen club and is actually sad to be out of AO. Enjoy Anthem, it’s such a fun ship!! Make sure you do iFly. 

It's like camp in a way. You check the kids in or out and they stay with the staff who organizes the activities for the session. At some age, you can give permission for kids to check themselves out, but we never did that so I'm not sure what age. It takes place in a designated area of the ship that has appropriate space and materials for kids of the age assigned there. 

The did used to have a theme for the day, like astronauts or something. Games, activities and crafts were loosely organized around whatever that theme was. Not sure if they still do that. They also used to have some additional family events where the adults and the kids could do something together, like a scavenger hunt or bingo.