Spanish Language Entertainment

hoover82

Sailing Odyssey of the Seas in February -- Other than Bolero's, can we expect any Spanish-language entertainment on board? 

I've seen it on sailings from San Juan, but those ships are usually filled 1/3 with locals, so it makes sense.

My travel companion does not speak English, so I am trying to prepare her for what may and may not be available.  

It really depends on the market. But I am going to say no. I have sailed from Miami and while they make announcement in Spanish, about 95% of the entertainment is in English. You may get a few Latin inspired performances but not much, maybe an hour of a Latin band playing in one of the lounges/bars besides Boler's but that will be it. 

This would have been a perfect opportunity to book with Pullmantour, which was a separate but affiliated line to Royal Caribbean that specialized more in cruises for a Spanish speaking based audience. However they were an early casualty of the covid shut down and went into bankruptcy shortly thereafter. I don't think any other company has really stepped forward yet to fill that niche, hopefully someone in the future may do so.